After fourteen happy years in pastoral ministry at Christ Church, Deeside (near Chester) Pat and Alan and their children, Gwilym and Catrin moved to Bordeaux, supported by their home church, to begin learning French in order to join the UFM Bordeaux team. The road to Bordeaux began when Pat and Alan went on honeymoon to Fuengirola in Southern Spain. It was there that the spiritual needs of continental Europe stopped being simply a known fact and became a personal challenge. After that the road was long and winding, but they finally moved to Bordeaux in August 2005, sure of God’s guiding hand.
They are helping with a church plant in Bordeaux (Eglise Réformée Evangélique de la Gironde) and also with student evangelism and ministry with the goal of seeing a strong Bible church established and strong Bible Christians going all over the world with the gospel.
Latest blog posts from Alan:
- Some photos of the Maison de la Bible seminaire in the Alps (1 July 2015)
- Twenty-six weeks = six months = boy, did we do something very, very wrong (1 July 2015)
- Pessac, China - and beyond! (28 June 2015)
- "RE-inscription" for Catrin at the music school. (26 June 2015)
- Rendezvous made (25 June 2015)